problem with normal()

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ThEP.Physik.Uni-Mainz.DE
Fri Sep 10 22:14:46 CEST 1999

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Alexander Frink wrote:
[...]
> I tried several old versions, and it seems that this bug has
> been present for quite a long time, since end of May.
>
> On May 28, it still worked.
> On May 29, 30 and 31, the test produces a division by zero error
> Beginning with Jun 01, normal() does not work as expected.
>
> The division by zero problem was probably introduced by a change
> in numeric.cpp, checked in May 28 18:59, and fixed May 31 18:24,
> the only other files which changed were normal.h and normal.cpp,
> checked in May 31 18:24 and 19:00 resp.

Just coming back from Linux-congress I won't be abe to work on this till
monday, but it may all have to do still with that now fixed CLN-bug if you
consider the timely coincidence.  Please have a look at the comment before
the procedure numeric_consist2() in file check/numeric_consist.cpp and
you'll see what I mean!

To be cont'd next week...
                     -richy.
--