Build problems

Patrick K Notz notz at purdue.edu
Mon Feb 21 23:40:06 CET 2000

Hi,

I'me trying to build ginac and am having problems getting 'configure'
to find the readline and cln libraries.  I've installed them in
directories (non-standard since I'm not root) under my account.  I
just can't figure out how to tell configure/make to look there.  I've
tried the suggestion in Section 3.2 of the tutorial but the syntax given
doesn't work.  I've tried adding "LDFLAGS = $(LDFLAGS) /my/lib/dir" to
all of the Makefile.in files but no luck again.  I'm not familiar with
autoconf so I'm not sure which files I should try tweeking.  Can you
offer any suggestions?

Thanks ~ pat  <notz at purdue.edu>