CLN 1.1

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Mon Mar 19 13:21:23 CET 2001

Hi there,

<swear>
  Has anybody noticed that Majordomo was written by a bunch of brain-dead
  morons?  When anybody mentioned the word "unstable" in a mail it gets
  sorted out and ends up as a Majordomo error because they match against
  the regular expression "/\buns\w*b/i" which is obviously meant for
  "unsubscribe" but matches other stuff, too.  I have deleted the most
  idiotic patterns from the check and hope it works better now, but if
  anybody has a good alternative for Majordomo I would like to hear about
  it.  Sorry for being inpolite but it just overcomes you when you have a
  look at those scripts.  It is unbelievable!
</swear>

Now to Julian's question: I hope to package and upload it today or
tomorrow.  Some people are also eager for Cint and I have sorted out most
problems with Masaharu now which so far prevented a reasonable
packaging.  I don't know yet how that is going to work out, though.

As for the library versioning, no that is ok.  The numbers attached to the
filenames are a priori unrelated to the library version number.  If you
find this irritating, please have a look at the info page provided by
libtool.

Sorry, I do not know why you get "checking for CLN - version >=
1.1.0... no".  I have just installed cln_1.1.0-2_i386.deb and
cln-dev_1.1.0-2_i386.deb and run configure and it works fine.  Could you
please investigate by having a look at config.log and find out why the
test program "failed to compile or link"?  (By manually creating that
test program and try to get it running.)

Regards
    -richy.

PS: I assume that you are running i386 since the build daemon usually
    takes some days or weeks?
--
Richard Kreckel
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>