[GiNaC-devel] Real and imaginary parts.

Chris Dams Chris.Dams at mi.infn.it
Fri Apr 21 14:24:32 CEST 2006

Dear GiNaCers,

I have added the methods .real_part() and .imag_part() to the library for
taking real and imaginary parts of expressions. Functions know how to take
real and imaginary parts of themselves through two new function options. I
did not add the required methods for this to all standard functions but
the trigoniometric functions have been done. These new features are
documented in the tutorial.

Also, I noticed that the capitalization of words in section titles in the
tutorial is inconsistent. I made this consistent by making all (except the
first) words that are not names start with a lower case letter.

Best,
Chris