[GiNaC-devel] AsyForGiNaC - an output extension producing Asymptote files

Vladimir Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Aug 18 12:30:53 CEST 2006

    JV> But, one further objection: you both don't seem to agree... Could you
    JV> give some clarification?

	This is so far the independent work done by Daniel alone, I only
  suggested the topic. A wider agreement should be reached for
  further steps.

    JV> From the examples you gave, like tan(x) or cycles, it seems to
    JV> me that only a new print context is needed.

	I am in favour of printing context with seamless infrastructure for
  further extensions by users/developers, (eg virtual methods?).

    JV> whether there should be just another print context or in
    JV> addition to that several new methods to class basic.

	Eg it may be a kind of route implemented in power(): the printing context
  first checks are there any specific drawing methods defined for the
  given class/defined scene combination and if not---fall back to the
  default procedure.

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
Vladimir V. Kisil     email: kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk