[GiNaC-devel] return_type_tinfo is alive again.

Chris Dams Chris.Dams at mi.infn.it
Wed Feb 22 15:58:15 CET 2006

Dear all,

I revived the return_type_tinfo-system again. Functions and symbols can
take a tinfo_t argument. The idea is that user-defined
return_type_tinfos are made by doing something like

tinfo_static_t my_rtt_static;
tinfo_t my_rtt = &my_rtt_static;

After that, my_rtt can be used to label kinds of noncummativity. I
implemented the representation labels of clifford and color objects by
making an array of tinfo_static_t objects of size 256.

My only concern is that archiving/unarchiving may not go completely
right, but I do not know that as I did not yet try it. At least some
code of myself that used this system works again and does so with
minimal changes.

Best,
Chris