[GiNaC-devel] Fixes w.r.t. indexed objects.

Chris Dams Chris.Dams at mi.infn.it
Sat Jul 29 00:36:24 CEST 2006

Dear all,

As discussed in ginac-list the function expand_dummy_sum is broken. A fix
is now in CVS. The code was also rather horrible, so I fixed that too. I
will also port this change to the 1.3-branch. I guess that there are no
binary compatibility issues involved in making STLT protected, as
explained below? Otherwise somebody has to complain and then I can remove
the "protected:"-line again.

Another thing:
What is the idea of the answer to the question "I wish to mix matrices and
indexed objects. How can that be done?"? I see a very strange expression
there with three indices that are apparently contracted. However, we don't
want to encourage our users to start typing that kind of garbage, do we?

More changes:

* Removed the remark from the tutorial that scalar_products can be used
for tensors of a rank greater then one.
* Made the declaration of STLT in container.h protected. It can be quite
useful to have access to this when writing derived types.
* Improved comments and an error message.

Best wishes,
Chris