[GiNaC-devel] [BUG] clifford::op() versus tensor::replace_contr_index

Vladimir Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Oct 18 16:55:35 CEST 2006

		Hi, Alexei!

    ASh> expression in clifford_check4 triggered bad_cast). I've found a
    ASh> simple[r] example which fails in the same way:

	Your exam works smoothly on my computer with CVS GiNaC, expression e
  is evaluated to gamma~mu, is it correct?

    ASh> 2) In general, is it OK for class derived from indexed return
    ASh>    something which is *not* idx (or derived from it) via op()?

	One of the reasons why clifford class returns its metric among its
  ops, I think, because this is required by the subs() method to make symbolic
  substitution in the metric as well.

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
Vladimir V. Kisil     email: kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk