[GiNaC-devel] Fixed bug in power::expand_mul, but .....

Chris Dams Chris.Dams at mi.infn.it
Mon Jan 29 14:41:14 CET 2007

Dear all,

I fixed a bug in power::expand_mul by calling the method
mul::combine_pair_with_coeff_to_pair from this function. However, the
comments are strongly discouraging. They say, as you can read in the
source: "it is safe not to call mul::combine_pair_with_coeff_to_pair()
since n is an integer". So, basically I am rather rudely ignoring the
comments, but I really don't understand what is unsafe about this method,
so maybe someone can enlighten me.

Many thanks,
Chris