[GiNaC-devel] about "official" repositories

Jens Vollinga jensv at nikhef.nl
Tue Mar 4 14:26:36 CET 2008

Hi Alexei,

Alexei Sheplyakov wrote:
> I think you're a bit confused. The very first operation in git workflow
> is to copy ("clone") an existing repository, unless you're starting a new
> project from scratch.

yes, of course. I should have written:
BTW, I do not intend to have an own "publicly available" git repository.
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Commiting directly to a public repository is (almost) certainly a bad idea.
> Please read the manual:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html
>
> especially this paragraph:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html#public-repositories

I don't understand what you mean. Are you referring to
"This may lead to unexpected results if the branch you push to is the
currently checked-out branch!" ?

Regards,
Jens