[GiNaC-devel] Compilation of cln fails with gcc 4.1.2 with -O2 and -ftracer

Alexei Sheplyakov varg at theor.jinr.ru
Thu Oct 9 16:46:53 CEST 2008

Dear Sam,

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 10:05:25AM -0400, Sam Iam wrote:

> When I try to compile cln (both 1.1.13 and 1.2.2) using gcc 4.1.2 with
> options -O2 and -ftracer, compilation fails.

You have several options to solve this problem:

1. (The esiest) don't use -ftracer
2. (A little bit more difficult) use my version of CLN, you can get it from
	 git://ffmssmsc.jinr.ru:443/varg/cln.git
	 WARNING: it's binary incompatible with original version (the API is
	 the same, though).
3. (Hard) convince CLN developers to wipe out CL_REQUIRE/CL_PROVIDE stuff.

> I found a post that might describe a similar problem. But I'm not sure.
> http://lists.gforge.info.ucl.ac.be/pipermail/mozart-hackers/2003/001164.html

Yes, (the official version of) CLN has exactly the same problem.

Best regards,
	Alexei

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.