[GiNaC-devel] Parser breakage changes

Jens Vollinga jensv at nikhef.nl
Tue Aug 4 01:23:30 CEST 2009

Hi Alexei,

Alexei Sheplyakov schrieb:

> I think this assumption is bogus. Just because you've defined a (C++) type
> (class) doesn't mean you can print and/or parse objects of that type. Anyway,
> the old (bison-generated) parser never 'just read any expression containing
> any functions and classes defined at that moment' (actually it didn't handle
> any user defined classes at all).

nothing has changed here. If you write your own type you still have to
add extra read-in code. Ah yes, my sentence should not have included the
word "classes", but you know the source code anyway.

It makes sense to add another function to GiNaC, something like
"get_builtin_reader()" or so. This function should return a reader that
only knows about the official GiNaC approved functions and classes. Do
you want to do this? Otherwise I'll it as soon as I find time.

Regards,
Jens