[GiNaC-devel] [SCM] GiNaC -- a C++ library for symbolic computations branch, ginac_1-5, updated. release_1-4-0-188-g7e14533

Alexei Sheplyakov varg at metalica.kh.ua
Wed Feb 25 14:50:47 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 01:46:41PM +0100, Jens Vollinga wrote:

> Alexei Sheplyakov schrieb:
>> +1.5.1 (25 February 2009)
>> +* Fixed compiling problems with GNU g++ 3.4.
>> +* Fixed broken RTTI on woe32.
>> +
>>
>> Oh, what a nice joke!
>
> what do you mean?

`Fixed broken RTTI on woe32' is a bit sloppy. It might be (mis)interpreted as
if we fixed woe32's C++ runtime library itself instead of accommodating GiNaC
to its limitations. Hence it sounds a little bit funny.

> Should we change NEWS?

Yes. I propose the following wording:

* Work around weird C++ RTTI behaviour on woe32 so GiNaC works on MinGW again.

>> -m4_define([ginac_lt_current], [0])
>> -m4_define([ginac_lt_age], [0])
>> +m4_define([ginac_lt_current], [1])
>> +m4_define([ginac_lt_age], [1])
>>  m4_define([ginac_lt_revision], [0])
>>
>> This looks incorrect. We did not add or removed any interfaces, we fixed
>> existing ones. So we should simply increment ginac_lt_revision, and that's it.
>
> But crc32(), crctab[], make_hash_seed() are part of the (public)
> interface, or not?

crc32(), make_hash_seed() are not exported via user visible headers so they
are not part of public API/ABI. Also, these functions (and crctab[] variable)
are static. They can't be a part of the public interface in first place.

Best regards,
	Alexei