[GiNaC-devel] About a (poor) parity in expressions.

Vladimir V. Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Sun Oct 17 23:59:55 CEST 2010

		Dear Sergei,

    SS> To me it looks like two missing rewriting rules.

	Yes, it is so. But if they added to GiNaC core this can break
  something in a different place, see the example with my own suggestion
  to "add a rewriting rule":

http://www.ginac.de/pipermail/ginac-devel/2009-October/001678.html

  A hundred of rewriting rules in the core GiNaC will make it slow and
  can cause other problems. A couple of rewriting rules added in the user's
  code to address a specific issue at the right place are much more
  manageable. This what I am doing in my own programmes right now.

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
Vladimir V. Kisil     email: kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
--                      www: http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/