[GiNaC-devel] indexes of clifford objects

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Sun Jun 5 00:19:51 CEST 2011

Hi!

When compiling GiNaC with -DDO_GINAC_ASSERT, exam_clifford.cpp fails the
test suite because clifford.cpp:105, assertion `is_a<varidx>(mu)' is
violated. The function clifford_moebius_map constructs a clifford unit
with an idx, not a varidx, if G is a matrix. The code in question was
written by Vladimir in 2006.

 From a physicists point of view, I thought that it doesn't make sense
to construct a clifford object with an idx instead of a varidx. But
then, what's clifford_moebius_map doing? On the other hand, I also
noticed that the tutorial does include examples of clifford objects with
idx indices in section "A generic Clifford algebra". Strange.

If someone with more insight could shed a light on this I could finish
my recent quest to make GiNaC pass its test suite even when compiled
with -DDO_GINAC_ASSERT. That would be great.

Cheers
   -richy.
--
Richard B. Kreckel