[GiNaC-devel] Small simplify_indexed() patch

Vladimir V. Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jan 21 11:48:01 CET 2015

	Dear All,

	I wish to propose for a discussion a small patch to
  indexed.cpp. I looked at the raised issue with slow performance in
  contracting Dirac gammas. The present algorithm does this recursively,
  in Vladyslav's example the deepness may reach 140 nested calls. The
  proposed patch reduced it around to 100 levels by avoiding to call
  simplify_indexed() if it will re-direct to simplify_indexed_product()
  anyway.

  However, I shall say that the patch only marginally improves timing:
  by a couple of percents at best.

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
Vladimir V. Kisil     email: kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
                        www: http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/
Book: Geometry of Mobius Transformations
http://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/p835