GiNaC with gcc for win32]

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ThEP.Physik.Uni-Mainz.DE
Mon Aug 14 12:31:57 CEST 2000

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Tilman Utz wrote:
[...]
> $ make
> make  all-recursive
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/obj/GiNaC-0.6.4'
> Making all in ginac
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/obj/GiNaC-0.6.4/ginac'
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `add.h', needed by `add.lo'.  Stop.

Err, what???  add.h should be sitting right there!  Did you delet it?

> I don't have the slightest idea what went wrong this time. Could it be that
> there's a problem with the directory-structure.

I'm absolutely clueless.

> Another question: If I ever suceed in building and installing GiNac, too, will I
> be able to use the library with, let's say Visual Studio (ok, Richard B Kreckel
> wrote about that in his last Mail, but I didn't understand all, especially, did he
> refer to building the library or to compiling executables using the library).

I was refering to both.  The benchmark program is an executable of course.   :-)
But note: You cannot link any C++ program with a library compiled with another
compiler.  So you can't compile something with Visual Studio and link against
the GiNaC library built with cygwin.  You'll have to stick to cygwin.  Or you'll
have to squeeze CLN and GiNaC thru Visual Studio...

Regards
     -richy.
--
Richard B. Kreckel