collect TeX output

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Wed Dec 12 12:05:10 CET 2001

Hi there,

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Christophe TROESTLER wrote:
> It seems that GiNaC, when (for example) collecting expressions and
> then printing them to LaTeX adds some braces in additions to
> parentheses.  For example
>
>     symbol x("x"), y("y"), t("t");
>     ex e = x*t + y*t;
>     collect(e,t).print(GiNaC::print_latex());
>
> ouputs
>
> t {(y+x)}
>
> Is there any way (an option?) to remove the extra braces?  Indeed,
> they force TeX NOT to BREAK the expression (i.e., it must fit on a
> single line) which is problematic when the expression is long.

I don't know, I didn't write this.  I just hope it was intentional.

Why am I answering, then?

Because I am surprised to hear that TeX actually breaks expressions.  Does
it?  It certainly never did for my own work!  Are you using some packages
to do this or am I using packages that prevent breaking or does the
computer just not like me???

seriously puzzled...
                  -richy.
--