troubles with ginac 1.2 on debian unstable

Jens Vollinga vollinga at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Wed Mar 24 13:50:32 CET 2004

Hi.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 01:00:25PM +0200, Andrius Kurtinaitis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jens Vollinga wrote:
> >I always get the same phenomenon when I compile the GiNaC library with
> >optimization level -O3. But I am not sure where this comes from: gcc or
> >GiNaC?
>
> I believe, the ginac was compiled with -O2, not -O3. At least the
> generated makefiles do not contain -O3 option.

But the phenomenon seems to be VERY similar. So if you are confident
with some changing the sources you might try to do the following: remove
the deconstructor of library_init: in ex.h put comments in front of
~library_init and in utils.cpp put comments in front the definition of
~library_init (approx. lines 395-403) and recompile.
Maybe the seg fault is gone then.

Bye,
Jens