[GiNaC-list] Usage question

Michael Ahern cest_moi_mia at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 02:48:04 CET 2004

Hello All,

I have been investigating using GiNac to solve certain equations and was unsure
of what is was capable of.  Although I saw the lsovle() function for solving
systems of linear equations, I was baffled as how to solve a non-linear
equation of the form:

0 = deriv(sqrt( (X - x*t)^2 + (Y - y*t)^2 + (Z - z*t - Gt^2)^2 ))

Alternatively, if it is not capable of solving such an equation, if you knew of
a C/C++ library (short of matlab) that was capable.

Thanks,
-Mike