[GiNaC-list] how to use ginac output in gsl at runtime

Matei Stroila stroila2 at uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 20 23:46:04 CET 2004

Hello,

Here is what I would like to do and I need a piece of advice on this.  I
want to use ginac to compute the gradient of a function so that I can
use this gradient for the conjugate gradient method in gsl (the GNU
scientific library).  I succesfully computed the gradient and I can
output its expression with "csrc_double" to a string. How can I use this
expression in the definiton of a function at runtime?

I guess other people had this problem too, to use a CAS library in
conjuction with a numeric library, at runtime.

Thanks a lot for any suggestion,

Matei