[GiNaC-list] Serialization of datatypes

Eric Collins emc2 at ra.msstate.edu
Sat Dec 23 17:14:51 CET 2006

Would anyone be interested in helping me figure out how to serialize the
datatypes in GiNaC/CLN/GMP?  I've looked at the source headers for some of
the datatypes and the use of reference counted pointers everywhere makes
this seem like a non-trivial task.

I need to be able to pack all data relevant to a particular instantiation of
a datatype (e.g. numeric or pseries), into a contiguous array.  This data
would then be passed to another process where it would be unpacked into a
new instantiation of the same datatype.

Any help, or suggestions of where to begin looking for relevant information
would be much appreciated.

Eric M. Collins
--
Ad Astra Per Aspera