[GiNaC-list] Suggestion for the FAQ.

Chris Dams Chris.Dams at mi.infn.it
Wed Oct 11 13:20:34 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I think the following should added to the FAQ.

Q:
I am getting an error message that looks more or less like

	Internal error: statement in file real/conv/cl_R_to_double.cc,
	line 55 has been reached!!
	Please send the authors of the program a description how you
	produced this error!

What should I do?

A:
This is an error message of the CLN library that GiNaC uses to handle its
numerics. The problem usually is that an object was passed to a
CLN-function that should have been a number but is not. Your best bet is
to check for code that looks like

	ex_to<numeric>(x)

and to check whether x really is a number. The just given code fragment
cannot be right if is_a<numeric>(x) yields false.

Thanks!
Chris