[GiNaC-list] Re: Trouble building example from manual

Alexei Sheplyakov varg at theor.jinr.ru
Tue Nov 27 11:10:06 CET 2007

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 10:51:05PM -0800, Ken Smith wrote:
> First my environment.
>
> Mac OS 10.5.1 (Darwin 9.1.0)
> gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)
> readline-5.1
> gnump-4.2.1
> cln-1.1.9

As far as I remember, this version of CLN has some problems with Darwin,
see http://www.ginac.de/pipermail/ginac-list/2005-October/000749.html

Please check if you can compile and run CLN examples. If not -- upgrade
to more recent version and recompile GiNaC.

> I built my program like this:
> g++ -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib src/tut.cpp -lginac
> I also tried adding -lcln -lgmp and -lreadline to the link but
> the result was the same.

GiNaC (the library) does not use libreadline, so -lreadline is not
necessary (but still it's harmless).

> == I could not run a test of libreadline (needed for building ginsh).
> Configuration of GiNaC 1.4.1 done. Now type "make".
> I ignored this and built anyway since I don't plan to use ginsh, just
> the library.

That's OK.

Best regards,
	Alexei

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.