[GiNaC-list] Re: I could not find headers for libreadline

Alexei Sheplyakov varg at theor.jinr.ru
Tue Jan 29 09:37:01 CET 2008

Hello!

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 08:19:31PM +0400, Hayk Gabrielyan wrote:

> Thank you for fast response. I've found the problem. I need not only
> libreadline5-dev, also I need for libreadline5-dev libncourses5-dev.

$ apt-cache depends libreadline5-dev
libreadline5-dev
  Depends: libreadline5
  Depends: libncurses5-dev
  Conflicts: <libreadline-dev>

Thus, APT (or whatever front end you use) should have installed it
automagically. At least, it does so for me.

> So then I've installed, configure works properly.

It works properly (i.e. builds a fully functional GiNaC library) even
*without* readline and ncurses.

Best regards,
	Alexei

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.