[GiNaC-list] can ginac solve inequalities ?

Frederic fmdp at free.fr
Fri Mar 19 00:31:18 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm new here, I only test GiNaC to see how it can help me.
What I've seen of it so far with is very nice, especially C++ objects
(no need to parse strings).

But I don't see how to solve inequalities :
x+y < 0

lsolve tells me :
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::invalid_argument'
  what():  lsolve(): 1st argument must be a list of equations

it works just fine with real equalities (replaced the '<' by '==' ):
x+y == 0

I use GiNaC 1.5.2 on a 64b ubuntu system.
But I haven't seen anything related on newer version's changelog.

can GiNaC solve inequalities ? If yes, how ?!?
and if no, why ? is it planned ?

thanks in advance for any input...

Fred