[GiNaC-list] issues with ginac-1.6.0

PG CLARK P.G.Clark at Bradford.ac.uk
Wed May 25 01:18:47 CEST 2011

Sorry thats a school boy error yes I'm running ubuntu 11.4, kernal
2.6.38-8-generic, gnome 2.32.1 (yes most of this isn't relevant but
I'm going for completeness)

1.9GiB ram, AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor

ginac 1.6.0 was installed with the standard install commands included
in the install file
./configure
make
sudo make install
make check

all tests passed

my terminal after I tried ldconfig looked like this.

peter at peter-ubuntu:~$ man ldconfig
peter at peter-ubuntu:~$ ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig.real: Can't create temporary cache file
/etc/ld.so.cache~: Permission denied
peter at peter-ubuntu:~$ cd Documents
peter at peter-ubuntu:~/Documents$ gcc main.cpp -o main -lcln -lginac
peter at peter-ubuntu:~/Documents$ ./main
./main: error while loading shared libraries: libginac.so.2: cannot

For give me but prior to using this system all I did was a bit of
darwin tinkering and before that MS-dos. I'm not too clear on the
specifics of how linux handles it's libraries.