[GiNaC-list] Fwd: GiNaC error when trying to evaluate sin(x)^2 expression

José Pontes pontesjpc at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 19:59:08 CET 2013

Hi,

When subsiting x by a float in a sin(x)^2 expression, I get the following
error:

libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type
cln::notreached_exception: Internal error: statement in file
float/elem/cl_F_square.cc, line 21 has been reached!!

using this code:

symbol x;

ex exTest = sin(x)*sin(x);

exmap map;

map[x] = 1.0;

cout << exTest.subs(map) << endl;

I need to do similar substitutions in a matrix, and they allways fail for
expressions that contain cos(x)^2 or sin(x)^2, but no for ones that contain
cos(x)*sin(x), for example.

Can you help me understanding this error and/or getting around it?

Regards