[GiNaC-list] Creating a number of FUNCTION_1P

Dale Lukas Peterson hazelnusse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 21:55:00 CET 2013

For undefined functions a some parameter(s), if I don't declare them
using DECLARE_FUNCTION_1P, I have to manually apply the chain rule:

symbol x("x"), dxdt("dxdt");
ex l = 2*x + 3*x*x;
ex dldt = l.diff(x)*dxdt; // manual chain rule.

Obviously, the chain is nice (and achievable with DECLARE_FUNCTION_1P)
because then I can do:
symbol t("t");
ex dldt = l.diff(t);  // automatic chain rule

But it is annoying to have to declare all my undefined functions as
preprocessor macros, but I don't see a way around it.  Especially if I
don't know how many there will be at compile time.  Is there one?

Luke

--
“People call me a perfectionist, but I'm not. I'm a rightist. I do
something until it's right, and then I move on to the next thing.”