[GiNaC-list] cmake msvc build

Philipp Kraus philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Sun Feb 24 15:16:14 CET 2013

Am 24.02.2013 um 04:37 schrieb Rheinländer:

> Hi Phil,
>> Hello,
>>
>> I love GiNaC and I can build it with MSYS very well. My question is for a feature request is: Can a cmake build added, so that I can build GiNaC native under MSVC? I think this can be a nice solution.
> I don't know about cmake, but here are instructions on how to compile
> GiNaC with MSVC manually:
>
> http://ooo-imath.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Compiling_under_Windows#Compilation_with_Microsoft_Visual_C.2B.2B

Thanks, I have found a similar description: http://theor.jinr.ru/~varg/web/proj/ginac/woe32/
So you can found a description, but eg I use also Lapack and there is a cmake and normal unix configure / make buildscript, so
IMHO cmake can be a nice solution to build a GiNaC & CLN package in one-shot. If I have some time, I can try to build a cmake script
and send it to the list, but I use Scons at the moment (www.scons.org) - it's a python based build system -
I think a "global" build script for GiNaC & CLN under MSVC / unix-systems can be a nice feature

Thanks

Phil