[GiNaC-list] user defined functions and constants

Vladimir V. Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Sep 26 10:34:40 CEST 2013

	Hi,

    GB> the map, then call subs() with it.  Enable the same support for
    GB> functions however seems very difficult, as functions can only
    GB> defined at compile time with a macro.  And using subs() seems a
    GB> bit silly with functions:

    Unfortunately, I did not understand the difficulty which you were
  talking about. May be you was mislead by name of GiNaC::function
  class? For your example, you do not need o define f(x) and g(x,y) as
  GiNaC::function. They may be happily defined as an GiNaC::ex containing
  GiNaC::realsymbol x and y. I think, this will be sufficient for most of
  your purposes.

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
Vladimir V. Kisil     email: kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
                        www: http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/
Book: Geometry of Mobius Transformations
http://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/p835