[GiNaC-list] compile_ex with more than two symbols in the expression

William Silva William.Silva at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 5 21:15:24 CET 2015

Dear all,

Is there a way to use "compile_ex" with more than 2 free variables? I am
generating several expressions using .diff() and would like to compile them
into C functions and attach function pointers. Using the .subs() method is
too slow for my code. Unfortunately my expressions contain more than just
two symbolic variables. Ideally I would love to have a FUNCP_nP typedef
that can accept a list or array of n symbolic variables and use a
compile_ex function that accepts an lst of the symbols. I noticed that the
FUNCP_CUBA typedef sort of does this, but I am not sure how to access the
compiled function.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Will S.