[GiNaC-list] Using polynomial power series for solving PDEs

Foad Sojoodi Farimani f.s.farimani at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 21:23:18 CEST 2018

Hello guys again,

I'm not sure if you have received my former email but I'm gonna reply to
that so you can read it as well:

While ago I was trying to use polynomial power series to solve a system of
partial differential and algebraic equations, when realized there is no
implementation of the idea. There is only Mathematica's
AsymptoticDSolveValue which is just for ODEs. So I decided to implement it
myself. Thanks to the Sympy community we now have some progress. I have one
implementation over here
<http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/gist/celliern/b38158d04d9dc3d8079dc44e3b747ac8>
 by Nicolas CELLIER <https://github.com/celliern> and some ideas over here
<https://cs.stackexchange.com/questions/95886/algorithm-for-using-power-series-to-numerically-solve-a-partial-differential-equ>
 by me and some of SymPy developers. I was wondering if we could join
forces to come of with a general algorithm, then implementionation on
diffrent languages shouldn't be that difficult. I was wondering if you
could take a look at this question
<https://cs.stackexchange.com/questions/95886/algorithm-for-using-power-series-to-numerically-solve-a-partial-differential-equ>
 and help us out.

FYI I have made a issue on SymPy's github over here
<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/15015#> which you can follow.

Best,
Foad