[GiNaC-list] linking problem using Cygwin + cl compiler

Piotr p.z at wp.pl
Mon Jun 26 18:15:49 CEST 2023

Hello,

I am trying to compile ginac and cln on Windows. For compilation I used
Cygwin env, cl compiler (MSVC  v142).

Version I use:

-cln 1.3.6

-ginac 1.8.6, but with this fix:

I following this instruction mainly:
https://ooo-imath.sourceforge.io/wiki/index.php/Compiling_under_Windows

Cln is compiled successfully. For GINAC compilation I have some errors
not desribed in instruction above:

1. ./configure required: /std:c++20  parameter as it is complaining
during compilation

2. symbol differences that I am not able to solve. They are related to Cln:

ginac.lib(libginac_la-numeric.obj) : error LNK2019: nierozpoznany symbol
zewnętrzny "struct cln::cl_heap_string * __cdecl
cl_make_heap_string(char const *)"
(?cl_make_heap_string@@YAPEAUcl_heap_string at cln@@PEBD at Z) przywołany w
funkcji "public: __cdecl cln::cl_string::cl_string(char const *)"
(??0cl_string at cln@@QEAA at PEBD@Z)
   Wskazówki dla symboli, które są zdefiniowane i mogą potencjalnie pasować:
     "struct cln::cl_heap_string * __cdecl cln::cl_make_heap_string(char
const *)" (?cl_make_heap_string at cln@@YAPEAUcl_heap_string at 1@PEBD at Z)
.libs\viewgar.exe : fatal error LNK1120: liczba nierozpoznanych
elementów zewnętrznych: 1

It can be seen that both symbols differs only with class prefix at the
beginning ::cln (it is in existing symbol in cln lib but not in looked
one in ginac)

Do anybody knows how to solve this link issue?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Piotr

--
Ta wiadomość e-mail została sprawdzona pod kątem wirusów przez oprogramowanie antywirusowe Avast.