[GiNaC-devel] Univariate GCD benchmark (Was: some questions)

Jens Vollinga jensv at nikhef.nl
Thu Feb 5 15:02:21 CET 2009

Hi,

since it seems to work on the machines of the cln developers, but not on
the machines of mere mortals I suspected an important difference between
the official cln 1.2.2 and the cln git sources, but the same problem
occurs ... still clueless.

> The information I'm asking for is:
> 1. Architecture and OS,
> 2. Compiler version,
> 3. CLN version,
> 4. Compiler flags,
> 5. Any unusual configuration options.

Here come the votes of the Dutch jury:

1. x86 and Scientific Linux 3(!!)
2. gcc 4.3.1 20080320 (prerelease)
3. cln 1.2.2 and git repository (as of today)
4. either "-g -Wall" or "-g -O2" for GiNaC, "-g -Wall" for cln
5. No. Built in source dir, build as VPATH build, checked linked
    libraries, ... automake 1.10.2, autoconf 2.6.

Okay, I'll upgrade gcc and will rebuild gmp,cln,GiNaC and see then.

Regards,
Jens