[GiNaC-list] Re: GiNaC versus a mixture Cygwin and MinGW

Tatsuro MATSUOKA tmacchant4 at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Jan 3 22:31:36 CET 2008

Hello

This mail is only as a record and nobody need to reply.

> So this topic is to be ended here until pkg-config working on msys will be released.

I found that the web site 'GTK+ (not GIMP) for Windows Downloads' prepared the pkg-config and GLib
2.x.  I got information somewhere else that these should be installed in the the mingw directry trees
not but in the msys ones.  After this, the pkg-config worked without the cygwin.  This would be
helpful for me since the octave-forge symbolic package now requires the pkg-config.

GTK+ (not GIMP) for Windows Downloads URL:
http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html

My trial of building the Gniac-1.4.1 has not been successful yet.  However my purpose was fulfilled by
the gniac-1.3.7 so that I will not purchase it any further.  I hope this information will be useful
for the challangers who will challange building the Gniac-1.4.1 or later.

Regards

Tatsuro